Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Experiment

In my quest to get my kids to eat better I decided to try an experiment. I took the kids to the grocery store with me Sunday morning. That in itself is an experiment. If I left them to do the shopping we would have nothing but soda, oreo's and ice cream in our basket. What does that say about me? Ouch! Anyway, I told the kids that they both had to pick out a vegetable that they have never tried and we would make it at home. Ashley picked out cabbage while Ryan decided to go with a red pepper. Now, I feel that I should be trying these items along with the kids but the thing is, I HATE onions and peppers. I don't feel like I can tell my son that he has to try something but I won't. What kind of example would that be setting?

So, Sunday I just ended up making spaghetti since we had a late dinner. But yesterday at work (during my down time) I did some recipe research. I found one for cabbage that was called cheesy cabbage. It looked pretty easy and sounded kind of good. I mean it called for cream cheese and regular cheese so how could you go wrong with that? In my search for Ryan's red pepper I came across one that didn't sound too bad. It has rice and cheese in it. It looks like a stuffed pepper of some sort.

I was already to try at least one of my finds last night when my husband called me at work to tell me the roofers finally showed up to put our new roof on and that it was just too loud in the house so we would have to go out to dinner. Twist my arm why don't you. Needless to say after a somewhat short trip to the pool we ended up at Red Robin. Although my kids both had mac-n-cheese for dinner they both had fruit to go with it instead of a side of fries. In fact, Ryan ended up with apples and oranges. I was so proud!

Maybe I will try my experiment tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment