Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 19, 2011

Pop Tarts

So as I'm sure you all are aware school has started once again. It has gotten off to a great start for us. Neither of my kid's got "the teacher" that everyone said you didn't want to get. Both of their teachers seem very nice. Unfortuantely this year I don't get to send my kids off to school every morning which was my usual job. Now I leave the house before everyone is up and leave my husband to the task of getting the kids up and ready for school. Lucklily for him I still pack their lunches before I leave. Side note on that, he never even asked if he needed to make the kid's lunches for school. Just like a guy he assumed it would be taken care of and of course it was.

Now this morning my husband had an event at work that he needed to be at no later than 6:15 so I went into work late so I could take the kid's to school. Trying to be the creative and fun mom that I am I decided I was going to make homemade poptarts for breakfast. How fun! I mean I basically gave my kids mini cherry pies for breakfast. Who does that? Me that's who. Were my kids excited? Were they over joyed? No, my kids wouldn't eat them. My especially picky daughter wanted a smoothie. Okay I can do that. So I made her smoothie. My son wasn't up yet so I put the remainder of the smoothie in a glass and put two of the poptarts on a plate and put them on the table. I went and woke him up and told him that breakfast was on the table. While I was getting ready he came into my room to tell me, "Mom, I don't like the poptarts. I like the ones from the store better. Are you mad?". Was I mad no, were my feelings crushed to little pieces and thrown in the trash, yes.

I guess no more trying to be creative for breakfast. I will just leave that for the lunches that usually get thrown away and the dinners that my kid's turn their noses up at.

No comments:

Post a Comment