Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Royals

So I don't know if you noticed but it has been a little on the warm side here in the Midwest. It doesn't bother me to much since I am in an office all day. Well yesterday I was given tickets to the Royals game for last night. Keep in mind that it was over 100 yesterday. For some reason no one wanted the tickets so I took them. I have to say that it really wasn't that bad. I remember going to a 1:00pm game in June and sitting on the 3rd base side and just died. We didn't even make it through the entire game because it was just sweltering. The game last night was at 7:10 and even though it was warm it wasn't nearly as bad. But there was no sun beating down on us and there was an occasional breeze. But here is the best part about the game last night. I actually made dinner before we went out there and therefore we only spent roughly $8 bucks for two sodas. How about them apples. I think that is pretty good since you just assume you would eat those wonderful vendor creations called food. I will pat myself on the back for that one.

I would also like to mention that I did not go out to eat all weekend. And if you know my family that is pretty impressive. Every meal was made at home and the only exception was when we went to the movies Saturday morning. I let the kids get some kid sized popcorn and a tiny drink.

Now if I could just get myself to start working out. I'm not sure how to get the movitivation. You would think that my ginormous rear would be motiviation enough but for some reason it isn't. I think about it all day long and how "tomorrow" I am going to start but it just doesn't seem to happen. I obviously have some kind of mental block.

Saturday morning I was going to go for a short run while my daughter rode her bike. Obstacale number one, rain. Not that dedicated yet to go running in the rain and certainly didn't want my daughter to be riding her bike in it. Then I was going to go on Sunday instead. I wasn't going to have any kids since they were spending the night at a friend's house. Then I was planning on going to a 10:00 yoga class and Ashley wanted to go to a 2:00 kid's yoga. Well, let's just say that none of that happened. My life gets in the way too much. I delayed my running Sunday morning for a few minutes and a good thing I did because my kid's were dropped off at 8:30. Scott wasn't home so I guess it was a good thing that I was. So then I decided to go ahead and go to the store which meant that I missed out on my 10:00 yoga class. Then Ryan had a bday party at 2:15 which meant that Ashley missed her class. Which I don't think she minded too much since we took her to the pool instead.

So I guess my weekend didn't go exactly as planned but I guess there is always tomorrow. Except when do my tomorrows run out? When do my tomorrows turn into todays? I need help. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. How important is sleep to you? Lol... What about getting up earlier and going out for a jog? I know that life thing gets in the way of the best laid plans. This summer I've been able to have Gavin bike, and I "wog". There is no way I can jog the entire way, so I jog & walk.

    At work, park farther away, and speed walk. If you have stairs, take them, not any elevators. On your lunch you could walk outside, or even do your own stairmaster with stairs at work.
    I hope when school starts back up, I'll be able to continue working out some. I want to get a copy of the P90X, I hear that works good. Plus you get your cardio workout with those tapes.

    ReplyDelete